I didn't want to jump right into THE dress, so I made a couple trial dresses first. The purpose of the trial dresses were twofold. It allowed me to get the size right, but it also gave me and the bride a chance to change our minds about the whole thing.
After doing two trial dresses I felt confident enough to go ahead and make the flower girl dress. I was almost completely done when, wouldn't you know it, I decided I wasn't happy with the length or fullness of the skirt! I bought more dupioni silk (oh la la!) and redid the entire bottom half. In the end, I was extremely happy with the dress (not to toot my own horn or anything).
Here's the finished product worn by my beautiful daughter being escorted by her loving brother.
|back view....kind of|
Trial dress #2 - size 24 month, also for sale on my etsy page
And here's my first attempt at the flower girl dress - too short and not full enough.