Tuesday, August 16, 2011

great beginner projects

I'm still trying to catch this blog up so I can post current projects only. 

One project I found to be a great beginning sewing project is headbands!  All I did was take some ribbed knit, cut it the length of my daughter's head, cut it the width I wanted, sewed the long ends together, turned it inside-out, sewed short ends together, hot-glued a flower to it.  Easy.




Another lovely beginner project is baby legs.  All you do it cut the toe and heel off adult socks (3 cuts), discard the toe and heel, sew the remaining foot section together (wrong sides together), then sew that section to the remaining sock section (right sides together, raw edges even).




As you can see, I like being festive from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment