Tuesday, August 2, 2011

refashion of an adult shirt into a dress

Today I finished a dress for my daughter.  I made it out of a woman's button-up shirt that I bought (for free) from my sister-in-law's yard sale.  I loved all the little details and wanted to make sure I reused them all.  I was dead set on making it long sleeved but the problem is, it fits her perfectly right now and it's 100 degrees out.  I tried to make it a little big so it would fit her this fall and winter but I underestimated.  hmmph.  I figure I can either take the sleeves off and she can wear it thru the rest of the summer or I can try to alter it to fit her body in a month or two or three.  Really, my main concern is around the chest - that's where it's tightest - and I think I can rig it up if need be. 

Overall I am very happy with it.  It wasn't nearly as hard or time consuming as I thought it'd be.

No comments:

Post a Comment