Monday, October 3, 2011

Baby Shower

I will start by saying I made a bone-head move and managed to lose several photos from this baby shower!!  Some of the lost photos were of the mother-to-be opening presents, some of my children with their aunt they only see a couple times a year, and - the ones that effect this blog the most - pictures of decorations.  *insert angry/frustrated/upset face here*

The chair I reupholstered was the centerpiece of the living room.  It was the chair-of-honor for the mom-to-be and was surrounded by presents!  On the coffee table next to the chair we placed a tablecloth and a hand-made centerpiece, made by yours truly (insert lost photo).  Behind the chair on the mantel I hung a home-made banner that said "Baby Woodland".  The banner was made with the help of my friend and her Cricuit machine.  Sitting on the mantel were photos of the parents-to-be together and photos of each of them as babies.  Scattered between the photos were little buttons.





In the dining room we had 3 tables set up.  One was for the cake, the favors, and the wishing tree.  The cake was made by Canon's - a local bakery.  The favors were hand soaps in the shape of buttons purchased from (I believe) http://www.abcfavors.com/.  The wishing tree was something I saw on the internet and wanted to replicate.  I used an old vase, some ribbon, and sticks from the yard to create the actual tree.  I used cardstock paper in 2 shades of green for the leafy shapes.  With a hole-punch and some thin yarn I made hanging loops for the leaves.  The sign was made using Microsoft Word.  Above this table was a clothesline of baby clothes with tissue paper flowers on each end. 


cell phone photo :-(
the nursery is done in a gender neutral frog theme


I had a great photo of the tree with more leaves on it, but it's gone :-(



The other 2 tables were set up for food.  I had a home-made floral centerpiece on each table, along with a very cute (if I do say so myself) silverware tray.




this is only one of the 3 centerpieces I made.  This one is 6 matching washcloths.  The other 2 arrangements were in a green bucket and each had 12 or 13 flowers.  The flowers in those arrangements were made from onesies, washcloths, socks and a bib.  I wish I had photos of them - they looked very different from the arrangement above.

In the kitchen, my mother-in-law had a scrapbook table set up.  Each guest was to make a scrapbook page that the mom-to-be is to add photos to once the baby is born.  The book turned out super cute - there are pages for baby's first Halloween, first steps, etc.  It's extra special because even the non-crafty guests created a page.



We had a very nice turn out, the food was delicious, the company was delightful, and the baby presents were abundant!

(if anyone who attended has photos, please send them to me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment