Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Halloween skirt

I was recently given a boat load of assorted fabric from a very dear Aunt.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with most of it, but one fabric stood out and HAD to get worked on immediately.  The Halloween fabric!  It was given to me on September 28th - a short month before the actual holiday - so I started working on it on the 29th.  It was just enough fabric to make an adorable little skirt for Claire.  All I did was sew two pieces together (front and back), serge all the edges, roll up and sew the hem, create a casing for waistband elastic, and sew.  The next day I paired it with an equally festive shirt, black tights and black shoes for a day of fun at the playground and park.

this is the waistband.  I did a topstitch 1/8" from the top, then I did a thick stitch at the bottom of the elastic casing.

I did a double stitch around the hem
here you can see the inside of the hem (vertical on the left) and the inside of the side seam (horizontal center)

I admit it's hardly playground attire, but I just had to have her wear it, and I knew she'd be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment